The test rig consists of a reciprocating air compressor driven by an electric motor. The compressor is two stage compressor with intercooler. Intake air flow rate is measured by using an air box with orifice plate & differential manometer. Pressure gauges are provided to measure pressure after 1st stage, 2nd stage & tank pressure. Temperature sensors are used to measure the air temperature at Inlet, after 1st Stage, Intercooler & 2nd stage. Compressor Speed & Power Consumption are displayed on panel meters mounted at the front.
In order to study compressor performance at different speeds Variable Speed Motor with VFD can also be supplied on request.Experimental Capabilities:
- To investigate performance of Reciprocating Air Compressor.
- To study effect of delivery pressure on Power Consumption & Compressor Efficiency.
- To determine mechanical efficiency of reciprocating compressor.
- To determine Free Air Delivery (FAD) for Air Compressor.
- Compressor: Two Stage reciprocating Air compressor with receiver tank (160 Ltrs), Max Pressure 12 Bar, Electric Motor 3 hp, 3 Phase 415 V AC.
- Safety Instruments: Pressure Relief Valve & Pressure Switch
- Air Flow Measurement: Air Box with Damper & Orifice Plate
- U Tube Manometer
- RPM Sensor: Non Contact type sensor
- RPM Indicator: Digital Indicator
- Pressure Gauges: Glycerin Filled Pressure Gauges – 2 Nos.
- Energy Meter: Electronic Energy Meter for Compressor Power
- Temperature Sensor: ‘K’ Type Thermocouples – 4 Nos.
- Temperature Indicator: Multi Channel temperature indicator, Range 0-199.9 °C, Resolution 0.1 °C
- Base Frame: Welded Frame & Panel made from M.S. Square Tubes & CR Sheets, Powder Coated.